The Reward for Becoming a Reserve Officer
The Reserve Officers Program continuously seeks qualified community members who meet the high standards necessary to become a DeKalb County Deputy Sheriff. The deputies generally devote more and more of their time and talents to the Sheriff’s office. They “get involved” for the betterment of their community, and by doing so, they live up to the Reserve Motto, “For the Love of the job”. Download Application
Required Documents to become a Reserve Deputy or Auxiliary Officer.
- Copy of Certificate of Live Birth or Naturalization Certificate or Permanent Resident Card.
- Copy of Georgia Driver’s License
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of POST Certification
- Copy of POST record of letter a letter stating that you are in compliance.
- Copy of Military Discharge
- Copy of Marriage Dissolution ( Divorces, Legal Separation)
- Copy of legal documents pertaining to any court proceedings Criminal or Civil. Obtain documents from the Civil Clerk’s Office where case was settled.
- Credit Report – Report must be current (within a 3 month period). Call Equifax @ 770-740-6148 or you can obtain a free copy online with any of the 3 credit bureaus.
- Copy of High School Transcript
- Copy of College Diploma & Transcript
- Copy of One (1) Million Dollar Umbrella Liability Insurance ( Must have this policy prior to been issued uniform).
- Must pay $100.00 (Non- refundable) application fee at the time of application. (No Exception)
- Must pay $50.00 (Non-Refundable) yearly Membership fee (No Exception)
Reserve application can be downloaded on this website. Please download and complete the application and bring the completed application and the required information/document included in this package to the information desk at the front lobby of the Sheriff’s office located at the address listed above.